zaterdag 11 april 1970

My Town

Capo on the first fret. Play the Gmaj7 with the f#-note on the d-string fourth fret.

(Gmaj7) My town was (C/g) fathered by (G) orphans, praise God
(Gmaj7) Who came from (C/g) across the (G) sea
(Gmaj7) Time gave them (C/g) plenty of (G) nothing
So (C) why they do (D) wish more from (G) me?

They speak to me of the factories
And tell me to take my place
But I'll stay here in the willow
Erasing the shame from my face

    (G7) Have you seen Miss Delia, my God?
    Seen her march with a flag that is tore?
    (G) Her gown once so blue is now (G7) faded
    And she (F) prays that we'll find a (G) war
    Yeah, she (F) prays that we'll find a (G) war

Once to the battle with reason
To vanquish the tyrant insane
The poison he preached has changed places
And my town has heroes again

Somewhere a bugle is blowing
And a drummer is moving the dust
I've broken my pencils and paper
While the church-bells go silent with rust

    Have you seen Miss Delia, my God?
    With her crowd down at town hall
    Crying her eyes out for Johnny
    Because he died over there for us all?
    Yeah, he died over there for us all.

1 opmerking:

  1. don't think it's a G major 7th..just play a C chord up 2 frets..alternating bass on 6th and 4th strings...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen